This is a BIG summer! My first born is starting Kindergarten in the fall, and I don’t want to waste a single moment of summer! This is his last summer of care free living. After this summer we will have each school year to measure the years he will be living at home with us. Although, truth be told, this mom is never asking him to moving out! #mamasboy
As a working mom, I can’t be home with the kids every day this summer, so I have put together a bucket list to make sure we have plenty of fun this summer.
The Working Moms Summer Bucket List
- Travel– If you have been following me on Instagram you know we have already been on an EPIC summer road trip, but we plan on having lots of summer travel fun
- Visit the Zoo– We have a pretty cool zoo here that has a splash pad and petting zoo. Those are two features we have never enjoyed, so it will be fun to see another part of the zoo.
- Keep the Backdoor Open in the Evenings– We are going to let the kids enjoy those last few minutes of sunshine in our own back yard blowing bubbles and jumping on the trampoline.
- Make Snacking Easy– I have been prepping snacks ahead of time to keep it simple for the kids. The less time I spend getting snacks equals more time having summer fun.
- Let the Kids Enjoy Classic Summer Treats– Rocket Pops, watermelon, and homemade lemonade top the list.
- Read– I want to spend time reading with the kids and reading for myself. I have bought several books recently, but I have yet to start any of them. Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty is a priority in my to-be-read pile.
- Spend Time with My Husband– Not everything can be about the kids! We are getting lots of time in together watching Scandal on Netflix right now, and it would be amazing to take a day off to just hang out.
- Don’t Sweat the Mess– The more time we are home the more messes we make. I want to clean house as much as the next mom, so I am totally prepared this summer with my best summer cleaning must haves! My husband got me a robot vacuum that is taking care of the floors and for most of the other messes I have Viva Paper Towels and Clorox Clean-Up!
When the summer fun starts to get messy, I am totally ready. For all the sticky little hands that touch my white cabinets or the abandoned popsicles, I can unleash the clean squad with my go-to products! We got our Clorox Clean-Up and Viva Paper Towels on our Walmart run over the weekend with our Ibotta rebate offers!
You can save $1 off any Viva Paper Towels 6-pack or larger starting 7/5. Starting 6/21 save $.50 off any Clorox Clean-Up Cleaner + Spray varieties. Shop these products on Walmart’s bundle page and save more! The best part… you can order it online and they will bring it out to your car! #messyhairdontcare #yogapants
I still can’t believe my baby will be in kindergarten in August. People have always told me it goes by way too fast. They were so right. We are making the most of his last school-free days by really committing to spend time together this summer. I’d love to hear about your big summer plans! How are you making the most of all the sunshine and summer days?