At the end of the year we always reflect on the year before and think about our hopes and dreams for the next year. 2016 was pretty chaotic with a one year old and a ton of travel. It felt like we could never get ahead of the laundry, the dishes or just keeping the house neat. One of our goals for 2017 is to simplify. Simplify our home, simplify how we travel, and just get rid of all the stuff. I know we aren’t the only ones that are looking to lead a more simple life, so today I have partnered up with Huggies to share five tips to simplify your life in 2017.
- Get rid of the clutter– We donated four car loads of stuff over the weekend. I couldn’t even tell you what it all was even though at one point we probably treasured each and every item. A sure sign we didn’t need any of it! In your closet, think about if you have worn it in the last six months or the last season it was appropriate to wear it. If not, toss it! In the play room/ kids rooms, get rid of the broken toys and anything that is no longer age appropriate. In the kitchen, throw away any out of date food and think about replacing it with food that is easy to prepare.
- Buy the right planner– Over the summer I bought a big planner with a ton of pages, and on every page there were a bunch of boxes for goals, gratitude, to-do, holidays, notes- the works! It was pretty and it seemed like the perfect planner, but as the year went on I noticed that I was only using a couple of the boxes. It turns out I didn’t need all the prescriptive boxes for how to plan my time. What I really needed was a big box for each date and a bunch of notes pages all wrapped up in a pretty package.
- Spend Less– Save money by using food that is in your pantry already or enjoying the outdoors. In the fall we ate just what was in our pantry for 10 days. We had to get pretty creative, but it was awesome to have the extra money for our vacation. Instead of going to the movies or shopping, go to the playground or just enjoy your back yard.
- Don’t say yes to everything– Too many times in 2016 I said yes to things even if they created stress for me and my family. It’s so easy to feel pressured to say yes to everything, but at times I way over committed. This year, I am going to really think before I accept to make sure that I prioritize my time.
- Buy the essentials in bulk– For the last three months I have almost run out of diapers before my next box was scheduled to arrive. I was searching every diaper bag in the house trying to find one more diaper. Today, I got the most massive box of Huggies Little Movers diapers ever at Sam’s Club! It’s a two month supply all in one box! The best part is you can save money and get the convenience of the big pack with the $6 discount they are currently offering that makes this giant pack of diapers only $61.98.
You can even order online and they will go get it for you. As a Sam’s Club member all you have to do is pick it up or you can have it shipped to your house for free! In and out in just minutes! That will definitely make life more simple!
I’m so excited for what 2017 holds! Simplifying our life is going to make all the difference this year. I’d love to hear from you on how you are simplifying your life with tips like this massive pack of Huggies Diapers! Drop your best tips below in the comments!