Friday was Mom’s Night Out for me and pretty much every other mom that was out seeing Bad Moms last weekend! We all loved the movie and their creative use of the F-bomb, but what was even more amazing was that for the first time in ages I was actually out of the house with girlfriends! I haven’t been out in so long, and I was reminded that we should all doing this on a regular basis!
It’s time for you to have a Mom’s Night Out and here’s why:
- Mom’s are people too! People with individual social needs that shouldn’t always have to be met by our families. If you are talking to your friends like they are babies you need a night out!
- You have been intentionally staying in the shower longer than needed just to extend your precious moments of peace and quiet! I have been busted by my husband for doing this on more than one occasion.
- You might grow your mom circle. Tell your friends to bring a friend!
- You could expand your professional network. Earlier this week my rockstar attorney BFF was looking for a translator to travel with her, and one of the mom’s from the neighborhood crew happened to speak Spanish. I was able to connect the two and help them establish a professional relationship.
- You deserve a few hours to shed some of your responsibility and just be you! Being a mom is amazing, but you are more than just a mom!
- Dinner and Movie- I know so obvious, but Bad Mom’s was so good!
- Painting and Wine- Places are popping up all over the place that offer painting with BYOB wine. They also travel, so have them come to you!
- TV Night- Pick any show you enjoy and make it a themed potluck! Bachelor in Paradise starts next Tuesday!
- Cocktails and Dessert- Put the kids to bed then head out for a quick beverage and sweet treat!
- Pedi Party- If you only have an hour a quick pedi with the girls on a Friday night is a great way to spend it!
- Pinterest Project Party- Wreaths, wood signs, frozen meal planning… there are so many options!
- Book Club- An old fashioned idea, but wouldn’t it be great to have some adult conversation about a great book you have been reading a few pages at a time for the last few months?
Whatever you do just get out and do it! Your home won’t fall apart if you spend a few moments connecting with your friends. Your kids will be fine, your husband’s will manage, your babysitter will appreciate the work.
When’s the last time you went out with the girls? What’s’ your favorite way to spend Mom’s Night Out?