This post is sponsored by Carter’s; however, all thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.
I found out a friend is expecting today, and I could not be more excited. Having a new baby so close by is going to be so fun! She’s a pro parent, but it definitely got me thinking about advice I might give a new parent. One fun part of having a tiny new baby is shopping for all the tiny new baby things your new baby needs. With my first, I really over did it and he had a closet full of bodysuits and tiny footie pjs before he was born. With my second, I did a ton of thrift shopping and filled her closet with dresses and all the frilly little girl things. As much as I loved shopping for both, it turns out in those early days there are only a few things a new baby needs besides food, sleep and lots of cuddles. Today, I am sharing five little baby basics to welcome your new baby home in style.
Five Little Baby Basics for Your New Baby
- 10-12 Bodysuits– The original bodysuit is one you will definitely want to stock up on. In those early months my babies lived in bodysuits. We like our house on the cool side, so I loved the long sleeve body suits even here in Florida.
- 6-8 Sleep & Plays– When my kids were not in body suits they were in these cute little footie outfits all the time. Pro tip: Zipper Sleep & Plays are great, because you don’t have to worry matching up buttons in the dark, but button Sleep & Plays are the best for a quick diaper change, so you don’t have to completely undress the baby.
- 2-3 Sleep Bags– Sleep bags are a great way to keep your little one safe and cozy. They give you peace of mind when you want your baby to be warm, but you don’t want to have loose blankets in the crib.
- 6-8 Mix & Match Baby Outfits– One of the things I love about Carter’s is how the clothes are so interchangeable, Their beautiful cohesive mix of colors makes it easy to swap pieces between outfits. Mix and match cute bodysuits, hoodies, and pants for several different looks.
- 4-6 Sweet Little Extras– Bibs, hats, mittens, baby blankets, socks, and a couple of sweet toys are all items you will want to pick up for your new baby. Lots of bibs are definitely must haves!
Awesome News! I am also sharing details on your chance to win some awesome prizes this week 09/25-10/02!
- Prizes include:
- Carter’s Bodysuits for a Year
- Huggies Diapers, Wipes and Little Swimmers for a Year
- $200 to spend at Tiny Prints
- Skip Hop Tuo High Chair
- Skip Hop Explore & More Baby’s View 3-Stage Activity Center
- and more!
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Win Every Day Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 U.S., DC, U.S. territories and PR, 18 yrs. and older. Void where prohibited. Sweepstakes begins 9/25/17 on or about 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”), and ends on 10/2/17 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET. For a copy of Official Rules visit carters.com/wineverydaysweepstakes. Sweepstakes is sponsored by The William Carter Company, 3438 Peachtree Rd. NE, Ste. 1800, Atlanta, GA 30326.
Shopping for new baby’s is so fun! Tiny clothes are just the cutest!! I would love to hear some of your must have baby essentials!