This post contains affiliate links, but all opinions are 100% my own.
For my entire childhood my dad always brought flowers for my mom for Valentine’s Day. He would also being me one flower. A single stem of whatever type of flowers he gave my mom. This is such a sweet memory, and I am so thankful my dad always remembered to celebrate with me too. Over the years since we have become parents we have done fun things with our kids to celebrate the holiday, but the day has still remained mostly about celebrating our love. We haven’t been out in a couple of years, but this year my husband lined up a babysitter and we are going to do something special GROWN UPS ONLY. YAY! I still want to make sure my kids know they are my favorite little sweethearts too, so I started thinking about all the fun ways we could celebrate with them. Today, I am sharing 11 easy ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day with your kids!
11 Easy Ways to Celebrate Valentine’s Day with Your Kids
- Have a donut date- If you follow me on Instagram you may know Hayden and I went out for donuts a few weeks ago. It was such a fun time hanging out just the two of us!
- Make a special breakfast– Make heart shaped pancakes or fruit parfaits with only red berries. You can make strawberry milk or top oatmeal off with red sprinkles. You could even make strawberry milk!
- Go on a picnic– If you live in Florida like us head to the park or even your own backyard for a picnic. If you are somewhere colder then move the coffee table to the side and have a picnic in your living room.
- Buy special Valentine’s books– One of our favorite books to read year round is Happy Valentine’s Day, Mouse! by Laura Numeroff.
- Take them to a local candy maker- we have two neat places here. If you are local to Jacksonville check out Sweet Pete’s or Peterbrooke!
- Cookie Decorating– Make special Valentine’s Cookies as a family and decorate them.
- Sweet Treats- Visit a local bakery for Valentine’s Cupcakes and Treats.
- Pizza Party– Order a heart shaped pizza.
- Balloons– Surprise them by filling their rooms with red, white and pink balloons
- Get Crafty– Make special handmade Valentine’s.
- Spend Time Together as a Family– Yes, it’s a day for spending with your sweetheart, but don’t forget to make it special for your little sweeties too.
For more great ideas on celebrating Valentine’s Day with Kids check out my Pinterest board for inspiration!
I love giving gifts and Valentine’s Day is no exception. This is such a sweet time of year. I’d love to hear some of your favorite ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day with your kids!